Quartzite is a new type of stone made from 92% quartz sand powder as the main aggregate, 8% of resin, pigment and other auxiliary materials as the main binding material, and then mixed by vacuum pressing, vibration forming, curing and polishing.
Due to its high density and hardness, quartz stone has excellent scratch and stain resistance, no scratches, no penetration, stain resistance, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, environmental protection, and direct contact with food.
However, from the perspective of physics, quartz stone has a slight thermal expansion and contraction, there is a certain mechanical properties such as shrinkage stress, impact toughness, elongation at break, when the material can not withstand the internal stress caused by thermal expansion and contraction And it will crack when it gets severe external impact.
窗体顶Cracking of quartz stone and its causes
1, the center of the table cracking: high temperature, impact by external forces, uneven cabinetry or plate, internal injuries to the plate;
2. Cracking at the corners: the wall is too tight without leaving the contraction joints, the two cabinets are uneven or unleveled, cracked by external forces, or the surface of the table is not uniform due to temperature changes;
3. Peripheral cracking of the stage basin: no gaps are left between the stage basin and the basin holes, the basin holes are not polished smooth, and the tabletop shrinks unevenly and cracks due to external impact or temperature changes;
4. Cracking of the periphery of the furnace hole: no gaps are left between the gas stove and the furnace hole, the furnace hole is not polished smooth, and the table surface is unevenly cracked due to external impact or temperature change;
5, after the water block crack: Cabinet is not flat or pad is not flat;
6, after the water side of the connection to the table surface cracking: adhesive bonding is not strong;
7. Cracks at the seams of the tabletop: The seams are not aligned with the seams, the glue is not painted evenly, or the glue is not added evenly in the glue, or the excess is promoted to make the joints brittle. The cracks are slightly cracked during use.
In order to prevent quartz stone fracture, you should pay attention to:
In order to ensure the installation quality of the countertops, the following points need to be noted before installation:
1. When splicing the design plane, the physical properties of the quartz stone should be taken into account to avoid the consequences of joint cracking caused by thermal expansion, contraction, or stress concentration. When selecting the connection position, the force acting on the plate must be fully considered. Avoid connecting at the corner or mouth of the furnace.
2. When designing the corners of the countertops, stress concentration should be fully considered, resulting in cracks at the corners of the countertops. Therefore, arc angles with a radius of 25 mm or more should be maintained at all corners during machining.
3. When designing the open hole position, the open hole position should be greater than or equal to 80mm from the edge of the tabletop to prevent the hole position from cracking. The corner of the open hole should maintain a radius of 25mm or more.
4. When the countertop is installed, there should be a 2-4mm retractable clearance between the countertop and the wall to effectively ensure that the countertop does not crack due to thermal expansion and contraction. The maximum distance between the table top and the support or support plate shall not exceed 600 mm to reduce the deformation or even fracture of the table top;
5. During daily use, cracks caused by external factors should also be avoided. For example, do not gravity strike quartz stone countertops, and do not directly contact the countertops with extremely hot pots or utensils.